Shots, and off to southern states to grab a couple of pepper plants – saw an adorable pair of kids. Little girl in riding pants and very friendly, and her little brother who reminded me of JD at 6 years old. We also picked up some thistle seed for the finches (so Pye and Newt have a little outside wildlife to watch)
After that a lovely church wine and craft show… We got a Christmas ornament with a pair of origami cranes (cherry blossom pattern paper) inside of a rounded cube…. and a lovely packet of bake sale goodies. Aggression cookies (oatmeal), molasses and chocolate chip.
Episcopal church had the following on the bulletin board:
The comedian Robin Williams is an Episcopalian, and he has created a funny “Top Ten” List of reasons to be an Episcopalian.
10. No snake handling.
9. You can believe in dinosaurs.
8. Male and female, God created them; male and female, we ordain them.
7. You don’t have to check your brains at the door.
6. Pew aerobics.
5. Church year is color coded!
4. Free wine on Sunday.
3. All of the pageantry, none of the guilt.
2. You don’t have to know how to swim to get baptized.
And the number one reason for being an Episcopalian:
1. No matter what you believe, there’s bound to be at least one other Episcopalian who agrees with you.
I can dig that.
After the Church shindig, we Shakespeare on the Boardwalk – Much ado about nothing. TM’s neighbor Kevin was in it, as was Guppy (twin beach players )
after a bit of local and classic culture, we headed home to catch up with The Office and My Name is Earl.
Added a syndicated feed of BHK’s favorite meteorolgist – Kim Martucci
– I should notify Kim that she’s being syndicated here, just so she knows to check. It’s not a full feed, just a clip and a link to the main site – which is *quite* active
, if you follow my fonts. Her journal gave BHK a quickie girl-crush on Kim.
also via BHK –
Friday Five on a Saturday – 1. Who do you adore?
BHK, Newton and Pye2. Who adores you?
BHK, Newton and Pye3. What’s in your pockets?
Wallet holding a red thread, trinkets, petty cash and ID, inhaler, keys4. Who can you talk with for hours?
BHK, Danny, GP and Kat (haven’t in a long time, though), Dave, Kev… most nice people with common interests, I guess!5. What sounds great today?
Playtime with the family!
1 year ago
– Elephant escape doodle, payday, Calvert County work info, dream fragments, books: both digital and paper, weather love, shaved ice / “dumb ol’ cherry”, railway museum trip2 years ago
– red mood doodle, super power desire as a lad, waiting room pic, newton and I on the porch pics, sand art3 years ago
– story stuck, food cravings, national ID, locla lj leads to illegal sex, anti-abortion extremist Neal Horsley admitted to engaging in homosexual and bestiality sex.4 years ago
– net out, bro bonds out, walkabout pics, sci-fi cliches, gabbed with sedef, bee vs wasp massacre.5 years ago
– Nature vs Pringles, Dan delivers Groceries, menstrualhut breaks 1000 users (now a bit more than twice that), Bush’s Military Record6 years ago
– J-bee points me at CBS Mystery theater, Sat tracking, Newtie yawn icon source, Friday five7 years ago
– swollen uvula (side effect of no cpap, snoring beat me up), dumbass Astley late with his bargain basement hardware