ahh… no. staying in. I ventured out maybe a 1/4 mile, and the traffic was Crazy! rush hour on Halloween? what was I thinking? I’ll get pictures of folks some other time, maybe later.
bike trip on Halloween to the mushroom house.
pictures to follow.
safety tips and tricks for Halloween:
- When it appears that you have killed the monster, NEVER check to see if it’s really dead.
- Never read a book of demon summoning aloud, even as a joke.
- Do not search the basement, especially if the power has gone out.
- If your children speak to you in Latin or any other language which they should not know, you should be very concerned. This also applies to kids who speak with somebody else’s voice.
- When you have the benefit of numbers, NEVER pair off and go alone.
- As a general rule, don’t solve puzzles that open portals to Hell.
- Never stand in, on, or above a grave, tomb, or crypt. This would apply to any other house of the dead as well.
- If you’re searching for something which caused a loud noise and find out that it’s just the cat, GET THE HECK OUT!
- If appliances start operating by themselves, do not check for short circuits; just get out.
- Do not take ANYTHING from the dead.
- If you find a town which looks deserted, there’s probably a good reason for it. Don’t stop and look around.
- Don’t fool with recombinant DNA technology unless you’re sure you know what you’re doing.
- If you’re running from the monster, expect to trip or fall down at east twice, more if you are female. Also note that, despite the fact that you are running and the monster is merely shambling along, it’s still moving fast enough to catch up with you.
- If your companions suddenly begin to exhibit uncharacteristic behavior such as hissing, fascination for blood, glowing eyes, increasing hairiness, and so on, run for your life!
- Stay away from certain geographical locations, some of which are listed here: Amityville, Elm Street, Transylvania, Nilbog, anywhere in Texas where chainsaws are sold, the Bermuda Triangle, or any small town in Maine.
- If your car runs out of gas at night on a lonely road, do not go to he nearby deserted-looking house to phone for help. If you think that it is strange you ran out of gas because you thought you had most of a tank, shoot yourself instead. You are going to die anyway, and most likely be eaten.
- Beware of strangers bearing tools. For example: chainsaws, staple guns, hedge trimmers, electric carving knives, combines, lawnmowers, butane torches, soldering irons, band saws, or any devices made from deceased companions.
- If you find that your house is built upon a cemetery, now is the time to move in with the in-laws. This also applies to houses that had previous inhabitants who went mad or committed suicide or died in some horrible fashion, or had inhabitants who performed satanic practices.
- Dress appropriately. When investigating a noise downstairs in an old house, women should not wear a flimsy negligee. And carry a flashlight, not a candle.
- Do not mention the names of demons around open flames, as these can flare suddenly. Be especially careful of fireplaces in this regard.
- Do not go looking for witches in the Maryland countryside.
Back from the bank, and many tellers got candy corn…. saw my brother doing deliveries this morning, and he hooked me up with a few yummy cookies and sody-pop. Morning Sugar-Rush!
The gift shop had their cow dudded out as a witch. I was surprised that the proprietor himself wasn’t dressed up. He seems like a nice guy. The stuff inside is nifty, too.
I made it back at just about noon… I’m wondering when or if the little knock-knocks will begin tonight.
Enjoy lots of candy, ghosts and goblins!
To celebrate, a picture I just took of Newt.
Why I’m happy to have a keyboard drawer…
The newest Microsoft Advert thingum is scary. Mothman meets MSN. I think he wants to extend a huge proboscis and suck out my brain fluid. If I saw him coming, I don’t know what my first reflex would be… possibly fight or flight. It’s not better with the butterfly! I think it’d have worked better if they’d made it a buxom female “fairy-butterfly” thingie. Sex appeal, and not so intimidating.
Marshall McLuhan: “A point of view can be a dangerous luxury when substituted for insight and understanding…. I wonder how many people that are voting even know what all the issues are about. I’ll refrain from all the Florida voter jokes that might be out there. This is mostly for my own memories a few years down the line…
rocky sleep last night… deep for two hours, then awake for about a half hour. I don’t remember my dreams, but I think the wake-ups were due to them. It was like flicking a switch…sleeping *snap* awake, then fade back to sleep again.
I’m running late, so I’ll have to make notes on the road. until later, dear journal!
Taken between 8:00 – 8:40 tonight.
Thinkin’ of mah baby in a dirndl. Hubba hubba.
I remember a horrid jacket that I got in a thrift store, ages ago… white with very wide salmon pink lapels. I wonder where it is now? Landfill? Some other weirdo teen? I would imagine that it had magical powers for being so hideous… like being able to telekinetically manipulate the hair of any haired being within my line of sight.
I remember when I was younger…it was three in the morning on the coldest night of the year…I’d just about finished building a device to keep a squad of fascistic ghosts from manifesting themselves in the land of the living…I realized that I needed a belt buckle to complete the machine, but not just any belt buckle would do… the pewter death’s head which held up the slacks of Moira, Prime Minister of Baboons. She didn’t part with it as willingly as I’d hoped… but that’s a story for another time. Suffice to say that I’m still around to tell the tale.
Trillian’s been pesky the last couple of times I’ve tried yahooing, so I’m going back to the original on this system.
Got to spend some giggle time talking to my sweetie this morning, before work…she makes me smile, but our time was too short. Drat my having to go in! I still have an image in my head of BB with bright red boots on. I really enjoy it when we synch up. It’s my feeling that the autumn surge of creativity and wisdom will continue… My thoughts are of us together, and it makes me smile.
After I finish the belly dancer, I think the boys’ll be next. I need to trade for the pictured figure, and I think I can make a Newtie and a Blackie. Either that, or find some panther toys and paint them up, and put on a stand instead. I rather like the latter, for the serene look that they have.
Woke up early early this morning, despite hitting the sack late… dreams are forgotten with my eyes fully opening. I was back home from my constitutional and out of the shower by 9. I wonder how beat I’ll be come the end of today?
My sweetheart is well in the forefront of my mind this morning… Pleasant, loving thoughts.
got this floating all over the net… www.babynamer.com. Type your name in the right-hand side box, and then when the next page comes up, click ‘drawbacks’.
There are *no* drawbacks for Newton, though it does mention Newt as a Nickname. No Drawbacks on Prescott, but there were Drawbacks on Scott –
Scooter (I think that this one is fairly innocuous, too)
Scott Pot (Never seen)
Scott Tot (Dan’s Used That one)
Scottie the Hottie (My Sweetheart’s used a variant… Not a drawback, in my opinion)
Gotta go to the Potty Scotty
Scott Twat (That’s a new one!)
”Scotty” is a slang term for crack cocaine.
”Beam me up, Scotty,” a catchphrase from Star Trek, refers to transporting someone as a stream of matter.
oh! belly-dancer fig, before modification…
hmm… coin bra? colors? so much to decide!
have to get rid of the sai, though… maybe a sword or a sash? so many decisions…