redoubtable rih-DOW-tuh-buhl, adjective:
1. Arousing fear or alarm; formidable.
2. Illustrious; eminent; worthy of respect or honor.
Redoubtable derives from Old French redouter, “to dread,” from Medieval Latin redubitare, “to fear,” literally “to doubt back at,” from Latin re- + dubitare, “to doubt.”
waspish (WOS-pish) adjective
1. Like a wasp, in behavior (stinging) or in form (slender build).
2. Easily annoyed; irascible; petulant.
[From wasp, from Middle English waspe, from Old English waesp, from waeps.]
- March 1, 2011 0226011832d.jpg 0226011832d.jpg
0226011832d.jpg, originally uploaded by scottobear.
where is the sun? […]
- September 24, 2002 woke up this morn, no soreness at all, but a trifle groggy. that cleared up about five […]
- March 25, 2018 March 25, 2018 at 03:55PM
Abandoned steam shovel scoop made me miss my hermit crabs. via Instagram http://bit.ly/2pGMdSH
- December 12, 2010 Playing Heroes In The Sky for the first time. http://ping.fm/1kaIP
- August 30, 2020 August 30, 2020 at 06:23AM From Lustige Blätter, 1915.
#blackcatsofinstagram View this post on Instagram […]