Played AOK with Sweetalyssm today, and learned quite a lot of helpful tips on how to develop in there (and how to be destroyed by a rampaging brigade of elephants. note to self, make lots of priests, and convert the enemy. it’s faster that trying to fight ’em) Now I just have to figure out good counter groups.
Had a delightfully long conversation with my sweetie. Her voice is beautiful, musical, and soothing. Smart girl, too, and fun. we read together a classic bit of literature…and had a grand time Reading it like pirates to boot. Arr, matey. 🙂
Keen crows in japan that can drop nuts on the road to have cars run them over, and fly down when the light changes to eat the meat inside. neat documentary on PBS
Just watched a betty boop cartoon, starring Popeye! weird!
Got to see Robbo tonight after all! hooray! We went to Denny’s and talked, I had cherry pie ala mode with my fave coffee. (pie coffee for me is black, double sweet. I felt like Agent cooper, in a South Florida version of twin peaks.)
He’s blowing out of here on Wednesday-ish. Very sad, but I’m super happy he’s going to Seattle, as it’s a great step for him… been talking about it for as long as I’ve known him. 🙂 It’s odd, we didn’t get to be good friends until after everyone else left, really.
I present 5 fun facts about Robbo. (some reasons I like him)
1. We share the same birthday, February 2. Groundhogs Day, Candlemas, Imbolc, and very close to the Chinese new year, depending, and fat Tuesday. (Of course, I was born like 6 years ahead of him… weird generation gappy stuff, which makes things fun to talk about, like late 70’s.)
2. He’s the least egotistical computer guy I know. Not a braggart. A fine quality in someone competent.(or someone incompetent, for that matter… but Robbo knows what he’s doing.)
3. A fine eclectic Taste in media. Music, movies and books are all open, and he can appreciate most all of them. a co-fan of They might be giants, soul coughing, cat power, and prairie home companion.
4. A very similar world view to my own. “If it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing all the way, or not at all”. (scaled down a mite, to balance with reality, and personal comfort zones) can lead to a little trouble, but I think is a good motto. Went through some of the same things I did, but later. I feel that of my pals that’ve moved away, we’ll stay in touch. Might get lazy about it, but I don’t see it breaking off completely, like the others who have moved out of state. His sense of style is different than mine, I prefer a clunky but functional thing, he likes pretty and maybe less functional. (or more expensive and neater abilities, while I like Spartan and ‘does what I need’)
5. Just a swell guy. I’ve only really seen him angry once, and even then, he was pretty cool about it. For knowing him about a year and a half, that’s a good track record. Had some great conversations with him over coffee, observations, and interesting things about people, and why they act the way they do. He’s the type of guy that instead of getting road rage, is likely to want to pull a bad driver over in front of him, and just ask them what they were thinking. (in this day of dangerous psychos on the road, he doesn’t of course, so he’s destined to just be curious, and we speculate.)
Well, time for me to go to bed. Work tomorrow! (I hope. I still don’t know why the locks were changed on Saturday.)