This just happening! I got a webcam! Now I just have to work out how to make it go. (just the cam, no software or anything, it was in the supply closet for aobut a year at work. It’s an ezonics ezcam usb, and I plan on using it to spy on Newton-cat while I’m at work and surfing the web. (And maybe doing cool cammy type stuff like all you other camfolks) any ideas or suggestions on software, or what sort of fun stuff to do with it? Is it possible to make it a streamcam via real video with a feeble 56k connection to the net? Ack oop ick. Anyhow, more news as it happens, kids!
Thanks C, Lovepotion! I’m flattered!
A herd of thoughts
Making it hard, so hard, to complete a
Hmm… My life is almost the opposite of this.
Standards of the Comics Code Authority
Code For Editorial Matter
General Standards Part A:
1) Crimes shall never be presented in such a way as to create sympathy for the criminal, to promote distrust of the forces of law and justice, or to inspire others with a desire to imitate criminals.
2) No comics shall explicitly present the unique details and methods of a crime.
3) Policemen, judges, government officials, and respected institutions shall never be presented in such a way as to create disrespect for established authority.
4) If crime is depicted it shall be as a sordid and unpleasant activity.
5) Criminals shall not be presented so as to be rendered glamorous or to occupy a position which creates the desire for emulation.
6) In every instance good shall triumph over evil and the criminal punished for his misdeeds.
7) Scenes of excessive violence shall be prohibited. Scenes of brutal torture, excessive and unnecessary knife and gun play, physical agony, gory and gruesome crime shall be eliminated.
8) No unique or unusual methods of concealing weapons shall be shown.
9) Instances of law enforcement officers dying as a result of a criminal’s activities should be discouraged.
10) The crime of kidnapping shall never be portrayed in any detail, nor shall any profit accrue to the abductor or kidnapper. The criminal or the kidnapper must be punished in every case.
11) The letters of the word “crime” on a comics magazine shall never be appreciably greater than the other words contained in the title. The word “crime” shall never appear alone on a cover.
12) Restraint in the use of the word “crime” in titles or subtitles shall be exercised.
General Standards Part B:
1) No comic magazine shall use the word “horror” or “terror” in its title.
2) All scenes of horror, excessive bloodshed, gory or gruesome crimes, depravity, lust, sadism, masochism shall not be permitted.
3) All lurid, unsavory, gruesome illustrations shall be eliminated.
4) Inclusion of stories dealing with evil shall be used or or shall be published only where the intent is to illustrate a moral issue and in no case shall evil be presented alluringly nor so as to injure the sensibilities of the reader.
5) Scenes dealing with, or instruments associated with walking dead, torture vampires and vampirism, ghouls, cannibalism, and werewolfism are prohibited.
General Standards Part C:
All elements or techniques not specifically mentioned herein, but which are contrary to the spirit and intent of the Code, and are considered violations of good taste or decency, shall be prohibited.
1) Profanity, obscenity, smut, vulgarity, or words or symbols which have acquired undesirable meanings are forbidden.
2) Special precautions to avoid references to physical afflictions or deformities shall be taken.
3) Although slang and colloquialisms are acceptable, excessive use should be discouraged and wherever possible good grammar shall be employed.
Ridicule or attack on any religious or racial group is never permissible.
1) Nudity in any form is prohibited, as is indecent or undue exposure.
2) Suggestive and salacious illustration or suggestive posture is unacceptable.
3) All characters shall be depicted in dress reasonably acceptable to society.
4) Females shall be drawn realistically without exaggeration of any physical qualities.
NOTE: It should be recognized that all prohibitions dealing with costume, dialogue, or artwork applies as specifically to the cover of a comic magazine as they do to the contents.
Marriage and Sex:
1) Divorce shall not be treated humorously nor shall be represented as desirable.
2) Illicit sex relations are neither to be hinted at or portrayed. Violent love scenes as well as sexual abnormalities are unacceptable.
3) Respect for parents, the moral code, and for honorable behavior shall be fostered. A sympathetic understanding of the problems of love is not a license for moral distortion.
4) The treatment of love-romance stories shall emphasize the value of the home and the sanctity of marriage.
5) Passion or romantic interest shall never be treated in such a way as to stimulate the lower and baser emotions.
6) Seduction and rape shall never be shown or suggested.
7) Sex perversion or any inference to same is strictly forbidden.
Code For Advertising Matter:
These regulations are applicable to all magazines published by members of the Comics Magazine Association of America, Inc. Good taste shall be the guiding principle in the acceptance of advertising.
1) Liquor and tobacco advertising is not acceptable.
2) Advertisement of sex or sex instructions books are unacceptable.
3) The sale of picture postcards, “pin-ups,” “art studies,” or any other reproduction of nude or semi-nude figures is prohibited.
4) Advertising for the sale of knives, concealable weapons, or realistic gun facsimiles is prohibited.
5) Advertising for the sale of fireworks is prohibited.
6) Advertising dealing with the sale of gambling equipment or printed matter dealing with gambling shall not be accepted.
7) Nudity with meretricious purpose and salacious postures shall not be permitted in the advertising of any product; clothed figures shall never be presented in such a way as to be offensive or contrary to good taste or morals.
8) To the best of his ability, each publisher shall ascertain that all statements made in advertisements conform to the fact and avoid misinterpretation.
9) Advertisement of medical, health, or toiletry products of questionable nature are to be rejected. Advertisements for medical, health or toiletry products endorsed by the American Medical Association, or the American Dental Association, shall be deemed acceptable if they conform with all other conditions of the Advertising Code.
I founda huge security hole in the mall’s library ‘info’ kiosk. I’m actually typing this in in front of sam goody at the pompano beach mall.:) Just as afyi, go to the seflin ‘search this site’ part of the library computer, and delete the part that mentions the library’s address! hee! I’m going to check my email next. (anonymously, of course) then call Ol’ Malam up to see if anything’s on for today. See you kids soon!
Well, we went ot the vet again today, and he’s got a clean bill of health as far as that parasite is concerned. (He’s still doing the loose-ish poop thing, and we got meds for that.) Yayy!! I am so happy that he’s healthy again… I think some of the meds they gave him made him hungry, as he gained a pound in 2 weeks. (mind you, it’s not like me… he went from 8.5 to 9.5 lbs. That’d be like me putting on like 45 pounds! gah!) So, the little orange piggy is with me at work until we decide to head out for the IHOP by my house for supper, and Newt-drop-offing. I really hope i get to dsee the gang this weekend… I don’t know, it seems harder to communicate wth B&H these days, everyone is so busy, myself included. Ah well, I have pencilled in plans for them for sunday, and maybe sat nite. Time will tell!
Argh… April got up early to go to work, and now I can’t get back to sleep. Bah! Feh! Pshaw! and other words like that. Well, since I’m up, I might as well do something productive, like chase the cat with the vacuum cleaner around the house. (maybe I’ll even get the apt cleaner.) I’ve got the song “Octopus’s Garden” running thorugh my skull, and it won’t get out. Not a bad song, but not sure how it landed there… Man… getting up at 7am for me is like getting ready to go camping or something…I have that weird out of sync feeling, kind of floaty / foggy, but really zipppy runny aroundy. I hope the sound file doesn’t bug anyone, but it sums it up for me pretty well. 🙂 (embedded wave file now not allowed)
[edit – 6/1/2003]
old wav file quote from real genius
“I never sleep, I don’t know why. I had a roommate, and I drove her nuts, I mean really nuts, they had to take her away in an ambulance and everything, but she’s ok now, but she had to transfer to an easier school, but I don’t know if that had anything to be my fault, but listen, if you ever need to talk, or help studying just let me know, cause I’m just a couple doors down from you guys and I never sleep ok?”
I heard about this thing called country music. I’m still pretty sure that it’s a big group of cowboys that are playing the world’s largest practical joke since Mormonism. And some day, they’re all gonna take off their cowboy hats and chaps and say, “Got you!! Ha ha! Oh man, you guys totally bought it!”