I know it is tempting, but seriously, know what you are getting into if you are getting a hacked fire media stick (or anything shady with Kodi or Mobdro installed) to watch “free” Netflix, hbo go, Starz or whatnot.
Common sense should tell you that if you are using a service for free without the provider’s blessing, you’re likely to be considered a thief. If the morality of that doesn’t bother you, consider the legal side of it. Piracy, even if it is ‘plug and play’ puts you at significant risk of action including loss of service, fines or jail time. Be wary if it offers any subscription services for movies or sports for free.
If you are sticking to just legal services, Kodi is great for streaming all sorts of media, but even then at the very least use a good VPN, and know what software is on your device. Otherwise, steer clear.
Installing Kodi to Fire TV
Don’t be fooled by scammers saying they are “jailbreaking” your device. Anyone can install Kodi simply by following the steps below.
- From the Fire TV Home screen, select Settings
- Enable both the ADB Debugging and the Apps from Unknown Sources options. If you have the new Fire Stick interface, this is found through Settings > Device > Developer Options. If you have the old interface, go to Settings > System > Developer options.
- Go to System -> About -> Network, and take note of the Fire TV’s IP address
- Install ES Explorer by searching for it and installing it from the Amazon App Store
- Start ES Explorer and Tools -> Downloads -> Add bookmark` — then add a direct link to the kodi file for android (At the time of writing this article the link is “http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm64-v8a/kodi-17.1-Krypton-arm64-v8a.apk”. However, check to make sure this is the latest at http://kodi.tv/download ). Then open the bookmark and it will ask you if you want to open it and then if you want to install it. Click yes for both
Check In: Blindsided (2016)
Modern family is doing the same jokes. It is weird how the same notes sound a little flat now. Bad Jokes about PTSD, homosexuality, nerds, terrible timing, and race relations. It’s been 10 seasons. Werdly, I used to really find this amusing, bit I think that they jumped the shark hard. That said, I’m comfortable watching this on the TV with Allison and the cats nearby.