Slept in a bit this morning… vacation day!!
Our neighbor’s wife passed away the first of December, last year… BHK just found out about it midweek. We’ve invited him over for dinner next week (we initially were going to do it Wednesday, but he begged off), and are bringing him some tidbits here and there. I can’t imagine losing someone that close and having to go it alone.
Last night after work, BHK and I went to Red Robin to eat while we decided on which movie to see… we were torn between two critically paned stinkers – 10,000 BC and Superhero Movie. We consumed tasty items, while watching a girl in a robin suit greet the kiddies… businss was booming for a thursday night… and continued to the Borders where we meandered andshopped a bit. Picked up a new Zagat’s guid to DC and Baltimore, and a collapsable tote for BHK… fit sin a teensy keychain pouch. I teased her a little unmercifully about it, but she took it in stride. Visted the Kayak / Outdoor store and came close to getting another pair of crocs or two… army green shoes with day-glo orange straps, but sadly, they didn’t have my mammoth foot size in stock. BHK passed on keanes, too.
Eventually, we settled on superhero movie… bought the tickets, and changed our minds. So, we saw 10,000 BC. It didn’t stink too badly, and was entertaining in its way.
Guest Doodles supplied by BHK: (when she sees me messing with the palmtop, she always wants a turn.) Seems she always accuses me of gassiness, but this time it was true.
Nifty Links also from BHK – Cool Robots! (I’m partial to Kemore 3.)
and these two were right next to one another on her news page – Irony?
Picture meme –
a. Go to www.photobucket.com (don’t sign in)
b. Type in your answer to the question in particular (see questions below) in the “search” box
c. Use only the first page
d. Copy the image code & paste for the answer
(I’ve added a width modifier of 320 pix, just for my own viewing ease.)
1. What’s your first name?
2. What is/was your school mascot? Hurricane, Owl and Eagle (University of Miami, FAU, Atlantic HS)
3. What is your relationship status? Happily Married
4. What is your favorite color? Orange
5. Who is your celebrity crush? Tricky, as I don’t really have one. I’ll fall back on ol’ Salma Hayek, and get Razzed by BHK.
6. Who is your favorite artist or band? Changes moment to moment. Right now it is Talking Heads.
7. What is your favorite movie & TV show? Again, too many to choose from, so I’m going with my first from skull school of picking. Blade Runner and Psych
8. Name your favorite drink? Diet Cream Soda
9. where is your dream vacation? Atlantis
10. What is your favorite animal? I like all of ’em, Aardvark to Zooplankton. I guess I’ll go with Gorilla for now, as first critter to skull… even though I’m, partial to Elephants, Giraffes, Tigers, Bears. Cats and Sea Cucumbers.
11. Your favorite past time? Going on Walkabout
12. Where were you born? 1969 Boston
13. One word to describe yourself? Bearded.
14. How are you feeling right now? Creaky
1 year ago – victim of the 80s / transformers, time flies, movies. (still haven’t seen blades of glory.), local blooms pic
2 years ago – wearing purple, dan break, bug inspectors, doc, firewall,
3 years ago – apology-but, making fiends in bulgarian, free photos, broken people, TSiC
4 years ago – 22 questions, DST, Ft. Laud Mellowed, 4-4-4
5 years ago – Met with Meter Made, don’t confuse courtesy with subservience, pics for the day, Speedy off CN, Sample McDougald house letter
6 years ago – walkies, dream, taking stuff poll, Moment of Waponi, Killian’s, bkveggie (the old one), long music ramble, production meeting at IMT
7 years ago – Slander-drama / resolution (Honestly, I think that part of the issue started from here.) I still wonder how that “FBI Investigation” turned out