Tomorrow is the Christmas party at work. I wonder what the following week before vacation is going to be like? I suspect it’ll mostly be business as usual.
Got BHK David DeBoy‘s Crabs for Christmas CD… gave it to her early… as a cd of christmas music on christmas day has a very limited shelf-life. (At least until next year) She was more than delighted – it really is pretty much “Our” holiday song, after all.
The other songs on the CD are pretty groovy, too. I was a little worried it might be a lot of filler, but the tunes are a lot of fun – especially if you’re a Marylander.
Found out how to add everyone on my lj friends page to an rss reader directly... That’s pretty dang handy.
Also, drawings of Bears in Ill-fitting hats.
via dcwmata –
“By an overwhelming majority Metro board members approved today the largest increases in subway fares and parking fees in the agency’s history after months of contentious debate among directors…
“The board members essentially approved a plan offered in recent days by Maryland members that lessens the impact on suburban and long-distance riders. That plan followed a public hearing that drew more than 400 comments from riders, many of whom said that proposed fare and fee hikes were too high and not merited by metro’s unreliable service.”
Glow-kitties fight disease! – Scientists have genetically modified three kittens so they appear fluorescent under ultra-violet light in a procedure which could help develop treatments for human genetic diseases.
2007 year q&A meme from Eryx –
1)Was 2007 a good year for you?
Pretty great! New Life in MD, Happily Married, New Job… looking good!
Hard to say… lots of bits and pieces. I love spending time with BHK, so there are many.
3) What was your least favourite moment of the year?
Dealing with the ignorance and foolishness of people who ought to know better.
4) Where were you when 2007 began?
Swimming in the Chesapeake Bay! Nice Brisk Beginning! (Rang out 2006 with Adam, in-laws, Louise, Tina, and BHK)
5) Who were you with?
BHK and the in-laws were on the coast.
6) Where will you be when 2007 ends?
probably enjoying the new year’s eve celebration at windward key.
7) Who will you be with when 2007 ends?
Likely with the in-laws and BHK..
8) Did you keep your new years resolution of 2007?
I don’t think I made any!
9) Do you have a new years resolution for 2008?
Nope… just be good is my basic rule right now.
10) Did you fall in love in 2007?
More in love, yes!
11) If yes, with who?
12) If yes, do they know?
I certainly hope so!
13) Are you still in love with them?
BY all means!
14) Do you regret it?
Not one whit!
15) Did you breakup with anyone in 2007?
Nope… I’ve been in this relationship since before 2007!
16) Did you make any new friends in 2007?
A few new acquaintances.
17) Who are your favourite new friends?
I like hanging out with Cyn, Cathy and Dave a lot… it’s a rare but fun treat. (cheating a little, I met ’em all in 2006)
18) What was your favourite month of 2007?
June was pretty good! new gig, things started to roll.
19) Did you travel outside of your country of residence in 2007?
Nope… I stuck to the USA
20) How many different states did you travel to in 2007?
Virginia, Washington DC (if that counts), Maryland – Thought about WV and PA, but we didn’t get to it.
21) Did you lose anybody close to you in 2007?
22) Did you miss anybody in the past year?
Sure… I miss my brother and father here and again.
23) What was your favourite movie that you saw in 2007?
Not sure… hot fuzz, maybe?
24) What was your favourite song from 2007?
Crabs for Christmas!
25) What was your favourite album from 2007?
albums? I listen to singles, mostly… see above as a default
26) How many concerts did you see in 2007?
hmm.. Loreena McKennitt, SNZ, Firecracker Jazz, the bluegrass fest… I’m not sure. More than 5, less than 10.
27) Did you have a favourite concert in 2007?
I suspect that firecracker was the most pleasant surprise, but Loreena McKennitt was the most nifty.
28) Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2007
Not really. I’d guess my usual amount. No hard liquor that I can recall, maybe 6 beers and 6 ciders across 12 months.
29) Did you do a lot of drugs in 2007?
I used my inhaler a lot in the first part… no recreational drugs for me. asmanex seems to be alleviating the regular inhaler, too.
30) How many people did you sleep with in 2007?
Just my wife, if you’re talking euphemism for sex. if you just mean snoozed with, you can toss the kitties in the mix, too.
31) Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year?
told bhk that I’d made a phone call that I didn’t.
32) What was the biggest lie you told in 2007?
see 31, above.
33) What was the worst lie someone told you in 2007?
see 31, above.
34) Did you treat somebody badly in 2007?
well, telling a lie is pretty bad. I’ve been grumpy here and there.
35) Did somebody treat you badly in 2007?
I wouldn’t say so.
36) How much money did you spend in 2007?
Most of what we had… but we’re slowly rebuilding our bank.
Errr… what happened to question 37?
38) What was your most embarrassing moment of 2007?
39) If you could go back in time to any moment of 2007 and change it, what would it be?
40) What are your plans for 2008?
Play fair and be nice… do a good job at home and at work. Be loving and kind.
1 year ago – Peter Boyle RIP, Grey Gardens, Holiday hubbub, new comic store, Tina’s wedding present to us,
2 years ago – sam and max, Atari 2600, favorite things
3 years ago – I discover that Romanian pop tune (OZONE – Dragoste din tei) before the weirdo kid cam sings it around the world, Oceans 11, pollo tropical makes me sick
4 years ago – the secret message, Bro & Danny visit, lizards in the tummy, truck surfing, riddle, some reference
5 years ago – nightmare, balloon hats, fudge and dinosaurs, Danny and I win a Tomato Recipe contest!
6 years ago – nice dreams, flesh eating robots, wacky day, SOP
7 years ago – coffee, hello kitty murders, village blacksmith, books to read, I get a Sigmund and the sea monsters tape!