The old Doctor Who (Christopher Eccleston) is set to be the new Number Six in a six-episode remake of The Prisoner for the UK’s Sky One.
The Three Questions Meme
THREE THINGS THAT SCARE ME:
01. Stupid, Incompetant, or Evil people in positions of responsibility or power
02. Realistic threats to my life (gun to my head, etc)
03. Being uninformed about #1 or #2.
THREE PEOPLE WHO MAKE ME LAUGH:
02. Terry Pratchett
03. Garrison Keillor
THREE THINGS I LOVE:
02. Nice people.
03. Hot showers, then bed on crisp, cool sheets with the Newtser snuggled close
THREE THINGS I HATE:
(Hate is a pretty strong word- here’s 3 dislikes)
01. Scary things (see first question)
02. Seemingly pointless pain in the world (SIDS, etc)
03. People proud to be stupid.
THREE THINGS I DON’T UNDERSTAND:
01. Why more people don’t take an active stance in government/law… or vote
02. How some folks view living pets as less valuable inanimate objects.
03. Religious folk that have never read the bible that they supposedly believe in.
THREE THINGS ON MY DESK:
01. a stress squeezy-ball in the form of the Earth
02. tiny, tiny skin flakes and other components of dust
03. a wooden cat with a straw hat balancing on his tail
THREE THINGS I’M DOING RIGHT NOW:
01. pumping blood
02. directing the flow of electricity through my brain and spinal cord
03. digesting a tasty, but alll too brief lunch
THREE THINGS I WANT TO DO BEFORE I DIE:
01. help to make the world a better place
02. live a long, rewarding and fruitful life
03. be ready
THREE THINGS I CAN DO:
01. carry a conversation.
02. put a computer together from the ground up
03. make sounds frighteningly similar to that of a newborn.
THREE WAYS TO DESCRIBE MY PERSONALITY:
01. overcompensates for size by being “the gentle giant”
02. thinks outside of the box. sometimes so far outside that it doesn’t apply.
03. quick to evaluate a situation…benefit/problem being is #2 above
THREE THINGS I CAN’T DO:
01. give birth naturally
02. retire comfortably immediately
03. safely digest uranium or plutonium.
THREE THINGS I SAY THE MOST:
01. what the?
02. Riddle me this!
03. cool beans.
THREE OF YOUR ABSOLUTE FAVORITE FOODS:
01. general tso’s tofu
02. well-made milkshakes
THREE THINGS YOU’D LIKE TO LEARN:
01. the power to cloud men’s minds
02. better diplomacy skills
03. fluency in 3 or more languages
THREE BEVERAGES YOU DRINK REGULARLY:
02. Diet coke
03. Orange Juice
THREE SHOWS YOU WATCHED WHEN YOU WERE A KID:
02. Electric Company
03. Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood
THREE SMELLS YOU RECOMMEND:
01. Baking Bread
02. Baby animals of almost any mammalian species. Baby head! Puppy Breath! Kitty-belly!
03. pine needles
THREE NAMES FOR MY CHILDREN COULD BE:
I’d probably pick different ones for boys.
THREE MUSICAL ARTISTS YOU LIKE:
01. Tom Waits
02. Soul Coughing
THREE CANDIES YOU CRAVE:
I like candy, but don’t really crave it. I enjoy –
01. Bull’s eyes (those caramels with the cream middles) – cow tales will do in a pinch.
02. Take 5
03. Milky Way
THREE MOVIES YOU WOULD SUGGEST:
01. Time Bandits
02. Night of the Living Dead
03. Buckaroo Bonzai
Redneck Test – Have you ever…
(x) lived in the country?
(x) lived south of the mason-dixon line?
(x) shot a gun?
(x) owned a gun?
(x) driven a truck?
( ) owned a truck?
( ) owned a muscle car?
( ) chewed tabacoo?
( ) driven a tractor?
(x) gone camping?
(x) listened to country?
(x) owned a country cd?
(x) worn a cowboy hat?
(x) worn cowboy boots?
(x) riden a horse?
(x) seen a farm?
( ) worked on a farm?
( ) lived on a farm?
( ) owned a farm animal?
( ) worn a carhartt?
(x) lived in a trailer?
(x) worked on a car? (well, helped my pop.)
(x) seen a nascar race? (5 minutes. boooooooring)
( ) been to a nascar race?
( ) been to an oval track?
(x) seen a demolition derby?
( ) seen a figure 8 race?
(x) talked on a cb radio?
(x) had a cb in your car?
( ) seen smokey and the bandit more than 10 times?
( ) watched all the dukes of hazzard episodes?
( ) owned more than two cars that don’t run?
(x) been to a junkyard
(x) drank beer?
( ) been a racist?
( ) been in a ford vs. chevy argument?
( ) gone cow tipping?
If your redneck score is over 21, you can officially call yourself a redneck. D’oh!