Bro called from his weekly place Boynton.. apparently his friend / resource in points North is in jail on a probation violation, so he won’t be moving there now. He asked for my address to write me and was wondering if there is a place there that he could visit. I didn’t have my local addy handy for him to write to me, but I gave him my work addy… but I did point out to him that he could hang out on my screen porch. There was some sort of domestic dispute taking place outside his place that bled over into the phone. He’s looking for a new weekly rental, because he’s not happy there. He mentioned a girlfriend hanging with him and playing god of war on the playstation. (note this was before his 2am wakeup mentioned the entry prior)
Holiday meme –
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Chocolate wins over holiday pancake batter, any day.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Elves wrap, Santa Sets ’em out.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
I prefer multi-colored, but white is nice too.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Sometimes. I haven’t this year.
5. When do you put your decorations up?
Dec 1, usually, but I’ve been neglectful. Just a few candles and cards out.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Traditional morning english-muffin pizzas.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
I don’t have many big Christmas memories as a kid, just a general sense of good cheer, sweet food, time off from school, fun tv and toys. Church was pretty cool, too. No specific incident comes to mind.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
What do you mean? The fact that he works out of Lapland *and* the North Pole? I saw a documentary about finland as a kid that mentioned Santa’s 2nd hangout.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
One at Midnight, or right before bed, depending. not the “big gift” though.
10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him?
Santa likes sugar cookies, rice milk, and the reindeer get carrots.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Love to see it, but rarely do down here in heat-miserville.
12. Can you ice skate?
I used to play hockey all the time, but haven’t skated in years. I suspect it would come back to me pretty quickly.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I liked the model of the goodyear blimp. It had a motorized revolving drum on the inside on which you could create “lighted” messages. (circa 1975)
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
People actually trying to be nicer to one another.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
I’m easy.. hook me up with christmas cookies and brownies, and I’m your boy. Coffee is nice alongside.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
17. What tops your tree?
Usually a star, but sometimes an angel. (Note, my traditions put the tree up on dec 24, and take it down on 12th night, jan 6)
18. Which do you prefer, Giving or receiving?
I enjoy giving more, though I certainly like to get prezzies, too.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol?
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
1 year ago – Westley Willis Christmas, Danny at mangos pic, pirates, games, sci-fi babe pulp covers, Mel is a family-ferry
2 years ago – Katt thinks a smiley looks like Doug, merry merry, testing streaming, green bean casserole
3 years ago – Tolkien’s Letters from Father Christmas, edbook is awesome, nation states
4 years ago – mistletoe, silly games, apartment dream, Reading The Anubis Gates
5 years ago – Booby talk, coming games