Danny’s going to Connecticut with his wife this coming Friday for a week, to visit his sis, and see his grandmother.
Moment of Lyric: mp3 (via)
Star of wonder, star of night,
Star with royal beauty bright
Westward leading, still proceeding
Guide us to thy perfect light.
Meme from spimby‘s daughter, kate.
Try typing your name with your middle knuckle, then your elbow, then your toe, then your chin, then your ear.
middle knuckle: scotto
toe : sac ooootgrtoikl
chin: sc oilktgtgtgolk
ear: z c`gvgvm
100 questions meme –
1. ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT?
Inch long on my left lower leg, outside – Taking out the trash, singing the theme to the Godzilla cartoon:
Up from the depths,
Thirty stories high,
Breathing fire, his head in the sky!
Swinging the bag around hit the concrete steps, breaking a bottle (or something glass). The bag swing back around as I was chucking it intoo the dumpster, and slashed me but good. I wasn’t hurt, but bled copiously on the walk back home… the momster took me to get stitches as soon as I showed it to her.
2. WHAT IS ON THE WALLS IN YOUR ROOM?
white paint, mostly, with the exception of some vertical blinds, and a picture of Monet’s Red Boats at Argenteuil over my bead.
3. WHAT DOES YOUR CELL PHONE LOOK LIKE?
a clunky black nextel i30
4. WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LIKE TO LISTEN TO?
Wildly variable. see my webjay station for an idea. Standouts are classic TV themes, Tom Waits, Cab Calloway, They Might Be Giants, Benny Goodman, Talking Heads, Cake, Soul Coughing, and The Presidents of the United States of America.
5. DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN?
8:30 am, Feb 2, 1969. The time to the minute that Boris Karloff died.
6. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW?
Happiness, security and love for myself and those I care about.
7. WHAT DO YOU MISS?
Regular get-togethers with groups of friends. Hanging with a group that I enjoy rather than one person at a time.
8. WHAT IS YOUR MOST PRIZED POSSESSION?
If you count living things, Newton. if you only count inanimate objects… probably my condo, now. If it’s considered ownership, I’m fond of my mind, too.
9. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SMELL?
Newton in the morning. He smells sort of like baby powder. I also like citrus, baking bread, and campfire.
10. DO YOU GET CLAUSTROPHOBIC?
No. I’ve had many MRIs and never really worried.
11. DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DARK?
Not as a rule. I do analyze sounds and movement more carefully in the dark.
12. FAVORITE MOVIE?
Of all time? Toughie. Of this year, Kong wins. I have a large fondness for Time Bandits, Blade Runner, and The Day The Earth Stood Still
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOGNE / PERFUME?
I wear Cool Water for myself (when I wear cologne), and like the scent of Hippie women. Patchouli, Vanilla, and other musky, spicy scents.
14. WHAT KIND OF HAIR DO YOU LIKE ON THE PREFFERED SEX?
Clean. Fragrant. Soft.
15. WHERE CAN YOU SEE YOURSELF BEING PROPOSED TO AT?
I’ve got a very good imagination. I suspect it’d be somewhere local, however.
16. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINKS?
Not a big fan of either… I do like iced chai and soda-pop, though.
17. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE PIZZA TOPPING?
singly, I’d guess black olives. I like onion/mushroom/olive pies, as well as green pepper and pineapple.
18. IF YOU COULD EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Some french toast might be nice. Not really hungry, though.
19. WHO IS THE LAST PERSON YOU MADE MAD?
I’d guess Rhode Island, but I think she’d get mad at the sun for being all shiny and yellow.
20. DO YOU SPEAK A DIFFERENT LANGUAGE?
Pretty fluent pig latin, a smattering of german and spanish phrases, and some curse words from around the globe.
21. WHAT WAS THE FIRST GIFT SOMEONE EVER GAVE YOU (OF THE PREFERRED SEX)?
I remember a packet of those little hearts with the “be mine” type sayings on them from Diana, my pal in first grade. First gift from a mate-with-her type girl would probably be a nice hemp necklace from Leisa.
22. WHAT IS THE LAST GIFT YOU WERE GIVEN?
A futon cover from the momster and Wilt as an early Christmas prezzie.
23. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CITY?
24. DO YOU BELIEVE IN GOD?
I doubt the existence of a god, but don’t rule out to possibility. A big guy with a light bulb for a head that created the world so that humanity could worship him? No.
25. WHAT’S THE MOST EXPENSIVE THING YOU BOUGHT?
26. HAVE YOU EVER WON A CONTEST?
Many. Brownies, comic books, t-shirts, pens, coloring books, trophies, ribbons… some for just entering a ticket or raffle, others for contests of skill.
27. DO YOU BELIEVE IN LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT?
I do, but I think lust at first sight is a lot more common.
28. WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS LEAVING?
It depends on the situaiton, and if it’s controllable at all.
29. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO TELL SOMEONE HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU
Face to face.
30. SAY A NUMBER FROM ONE TO A HUNDRED:
31. BLONDES OR BRUNETTES?
Why give redheads the short end of the stick? It depends on the person’s coloring and whatnot. That said, history has had me with more darker-haired girls.
32. WHAT IS THE ONE NUMBER YOU CALL OFTEN?
The number to forward calls to my next technician. (dialed at least once a day)
33. WHAT ANNOYS YOU MOST?
Willful ignorance is pretty high on the list, also folks careless about safety, authority figures that communicate poorly and rude folks in the service industry.
33. HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF THE U.S.?
34.WHAT ARE YOUR STRENGTHS?
I’m kind, intelligent, polite, resourceful, adaptable, loyal and easy to talk to.
35. YOUR WEAKNESSES?
I like to procrastinate, lack of respect for authority figures, I wear my heart on my sleeve, sometimes makes poor use of sarcasm and irony around those who don’t get it, I don’t drive a vehicle, tries to do too much for too many.
36. FIRST LOVE?
Platonic love of a non-family member – 1st grade chum Diana. With hormones playing backup – MM in the 8th grade.
37. FIRST JOB?
Babysitter for neighbors. $2 an hour to tuck ’em in and raid the fridge. First paycheck job – Taco Viva at the Boynton Beach Mall. First Salaried gig – IMT doing mailing presorts and misc programming.
38. EVER DONE A PRANK CALL?
Not in ages, but yes. I remember getting Nicole to page over the loudspeaker “Hugh Jass”
39. WHAT WERE YOU DOING BEFORE YOU FILLED OUT THIS SURVEY?
Petting Newt, dressing post shower
40. IF YOU COULD GET PLASTIC SURGERY WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Heck, I don’t know. Maybe reduce the puffies under my eyes?
41. WHY DID YOU FILL OUT THIS SURVEY?
Why not? something fun to look back on in a few years, see where I was.
42. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST?
Politeness or knowledge of the trivial.
43. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF ALCOHOL BECAME ILLEGAL?
Wonder how they’d enforce it, be annoyed at the loss of personal freedoms, and hope that it would actually do some good.
44. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY?.
Take the day off form work, enjoy my time, maybe dine out with a friend or three.
45. HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT?
Depends on who the mother is. I would enjoy having kids, but not by myself.
46. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
47. DO YOU WISH ON STARS?
48. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE FINGER?
Pointer finger, left hand probably gets the most use.
49. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?
Right around Thanksgiving time. Annual Mourning.
50. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Sure. As long as it’s legible.
51. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
do veggie hot dogs count?
52. ANY BAD HABITS?
diet could be better, and I could work out more. See weaknesses above
53. WHAT IS YOUR MOST EMBARRASSING CD ON THE SHELF?
Probably Consolidated. Way too activist to play for other folks.
54. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
I think so.
55. BOXER OR BRIEFS?
56. DO LOOKS MATTER?
Initially they help, but afterward not so much.
57. HOW DO YOU RELEASE ANGER?
Long walks, Screaming at the beach, punching the heavy bag
58. WHERE IS YOUR SECOND HOME?
I don’t really have one right now.
59. DO YOU TRUST OTHERS EASILY?
I can, but it depends on the vibe I get. Usually not.
60. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD?
Army men were pretty high up there.
61. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TOY NOW?
62. DO YOU COOK?
63. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
Yup, though I prefer irony.
64. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN A MOSH PIT?
Yes, but it was a long time ago… ’89.
65. WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A GUY/GIRL?
common sense of humor/intelligence, sex appeal, good attitude.
66. WHAT ARE YOUR NICKNAMES?
Scotto, Scoot, Scooter, Rev, Mongo, Sasquatch, Bear, Big Guy, Hon. (Many others.)
67. WHAT DON’T YOU LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF?
That there’s a angry monkey inside that shows his face once in a while. I’d like to keep the enemy within at bay.
68. DO YOU UN-TIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Not if they slip off.
69. DO YOU BRUSH AND FLOSS BEFORE BED?
I brush, but only floss in the morning or after a meal that prefers my teeth to my belly.
70. WHAT’S THE MOST YOU’D PAY FOR A HAIRCUT?
Heck if I know. I’d prefer to have a friend I trust to do it.
71. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR?
Cherry Garcia is good. (Cherry vanilla with chocolate chunks), or Rocky Road/Heavenly hash.
72. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE COLORS?
Orange and Green
73. HOW MANY WISDOM TEETH DO YOU HAVE?
74. WHO/WHAT DO YOU MISS MOST RIGHT NOW?
I miss having a fully functional back and legs.
75. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS?
Whoever wants to, sure.
76. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Wind and Rain outside. Wondering why my chimes aren’t tinkling.
77. LAST THING YOU ATE?
Big bowl of cinnamon life cereal, and a banana.
78. LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
79. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE IN THE PREFERRED SEX?
Smile, then eyes.
80. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
81. SCARIEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO YOU?
Post surgery thoughts that I’d be in a wheelchair for life.
82. FAVORITE DRINK?
Iced Tea, lately.
83. FAVORITE JOKE?
“The government has your best interests at heart.”
84. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SPORT?
85. HAIR COLOR?
Sandy brown, with bits of gray here and there.
86. EYE COLOR?
87. DO YOU WEAR GLASSES?
No, but I used to have reading glasses.
one younger bro.
89. FAVORITE MONTH?
October is a fun one.
90. YOU LIKE SUSHI?
Veggie rolls are tasty. I prefer tempura, though.
91. LAST THING YOU WATCHED?
Mighty Boosh – Fountain of Youth
92. FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR?
I rather like Halloween.
93. ARE YOU TOO SHY TO ASK SOMEONE OUT?
No, but it can be tough.
94. SUMMER OR WINTER?
95. KISSES OR HUGS?
Hugs are more universal.
96. RELATIONSHIPS OR ONE-NIGHT STANDS
97. WHO DO YOU SECRETLY LOVE?
I don’t really have a “secret love”.
98. HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE YOU MACKED IT WITH IN THE PAST YEAR?
What the devil does that mean? Is that sex, smooches, eating at McDonalds?
99. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING?
Gardens of the Moon, The Godfather,The Short Happy Life of the Brown Oxford and Other Classic Stories all on the palm, usually as I bus.
100. WHERE DO YOU WORK?
A non-profit agency to help find missing children, elderly (usually with Alzheimer’s) and the disabled.
1 year ago – road trip pix with Dan, stalker picked up, odd todd, tideland, foamy, ravioli stops a thief, newt bath picture
2 years ago – 50 recoveries, bug dreams, snuggle time
3 years ago – eco kun, sleepyhead, heroclix scotto v2
4 years ago – numen, parachute newt, evil date service, tarot tales, distress
5 years ago – Hell week ends, Alfie, journal entry from 1995