At the yearly overview at work, I was praised pretty highly, and referred to as the “sergeant at arms“. (due to my keeping my brain screwed on tight, while other tensions rose)
Mel and I should have the whole day together today, barring badness. I’m not sure what’s planned, but I think an indoor NYE is the way to go, come nightfall.
Interesting that I end the year on a fairly round numbered entry. 7100, since I first started this thing. unreal.
Good Morning Newt!
So long to Deuce-double-aught-four.
Some stuff that happened, I may or may not search the journal to linkify ’em.
- Bro’s Shenanigans come to a head… Twice!
- D goes *poof*!
- CJ goes *poof*!
- I stay buddies with Whims and Sammy, despite There.com fadeout and they stopped dating.
- Mel goes *foop*! (or whatever the opposite of *poof* is)
- Some other neat new LJ and meat space pals go *foop*!
- Newt’s a healthy boy, but I discover he’s a bit jealous.
- No serious health issues.
- I maintain a nice email relationship with Gray Pumpkin, and The Wu’s seen to have vaporised.
- A lot of weight lost, some of it regained.
- Lots of turnover at work. I’m tied with VS as the 4th longest currently-lived employee, after BK, RI, and LD.
- Stayed with Danny through hurricanes.
- I had a gun put to my head due to a vehicle registration
- Lots of photo–walkabout, including a nice day at vizcaya (pictures spread out over a week)
- Many pictures of Newt, got cam software that lets me do weird blue screens and capture cuteness
- I got a sammich made by a guy with a black eye
- I got radical sandals from my buddies in the East-east.
- I made a scary-scotto icon
- I put bids down on condos, but fate conspired against me every time
Plenty of other stuff too, but that’s the first stuff that bubbles to my forebrain.
I believe there is a big picture that is refracted in every small picture. I believe there is a small picture that is reflected in every big picture.
I imagine folks will be seeing a lot of these in the near future.
Darkness can never last too long — When you laugh in his face.
At 6.8 billion pounds per year, the US leads the world in cheese production.
At 43.6 pounds per person per year, France leads the world in cheese consumption.
Random Scotto factoid – I like my grilled cheese sammiches with mustard.
1 year ago – Dang Dick, Kindly Kahuna, and Scotto Stuff. Alliteration!
2 years ago – RFL pictures, PT Barnum, Malawi vampires, Morse code
3 years ago – Treebeard and Entwife, Met Denise & Sara @ Danny’s Party, Mai Kai, eclipse
Why is it every time I’m feeling a bit ill or kind of our of it, people tell me that I look like “the Big Show” from WWF (WWE?)
http://www.wwe.com/superstars/smackdown/big_show/profile.jsp or more likely, this one –
I don’t really see it, except that I’m a giant guy with a goatee, too.
The guy’s got about 6 inches of height and about 170 lbs on me.
I pity his tailor.
Stayed home yesterday with an earache… got some drops and dicloxacillin to take care of things.. my first visit to the ER with my current insurance. $100 for the ER (as opposed to the $45 on my old plan… ah well, I don’t intend to visit the ER often) and $10 each for the ‘scrips.
I’ve had a fairly varied girlfriend history. Some I can’t believe I ever dated, others, I can’t believe how the relationship ended.
Almost all of my recent girlfriends (this past decade), have had a tattoo or “unusual” (non-ear) piercing. Come to think of the last ten years, I’ve been the most successful with relationships, too. I wonder if it’s because I wasn’t gaming every weekend with GP, Katt, PM, Dan and the Wu-folk? When I was gaming, the only mate potential were the single females in the crew: PM and briefly Kelly, neither of which really amounted to anything romance-wise… Kelly clearly just wasn’t interested, and PM is a whole other entry. I suppose there was also Elaine, but *GAH-NO*. A few other outside interludes, but nothing that spun up.
- RG had a cute heart-design on her ankle – Taught me hope, that anything I want, I can have – Met Danny, the hippies
- CJ pierced her nose briefly, and got a band around her arm while we were together – taught me mercy, “all sunshine makes a desert” Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.
- FL was free of supplemental designs and jewelry… Taught me that sometimes ignoring a problem *is* enough to make it go away.
- AT had pierced nipples – Taught me about tough love, and letting go – Notable: We first kissed in front of an episode of “Jonny Quest”. (Shadow of the Condor, if you must know, dear journal) – Met Danny
- Mel is ink and piercing free… she doesn’t even generally wear earrings. – Not sure what she’s teaching me yet. All things in time. – Met my Mother, Danny Pending
What does this mean? Heck if I know.
Something this big.. there are going to be repercussions for a long time to come.
A bright, warm future is sometimes hidden within dark coals.
I wonder if that mean British woman from the weakest link will end up on a “where are they now?” spot on VH1 sometime soon?
And the sign said “long-haired freaky people need not apply”
Thank you for the COH game card, Sammy!
Bah. Mel got a flat tire, and wasn’t able to visit last night. We talked for a long time on the phone, though.
Random Archie Factoid: Jughead’s real name is Forsythe P. Jones.
“Next time some eight foot tall, wild-eyed maniac taps the back of your favorite head up against the bar room wall and asks you if you’ve paid your dues, well, you just do what ol’ Jack Burton always does at a time like that. You stare that sucker right back in the eye. ‘Have you paid your dues, Jack?’ ‘Yes sir, the check is in the mail.'”
Miami Beach Rescue reported rip currents ongoing at the beaches this morning. Two to four foot north swells, north to northeast winds at 20 knots, and a mid afternoon low tide will produce a high risk of rip currents to swimmers at the beaches of Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach counties today.
A high risk of rip currents means that strong rip currents are likely. Stay out of the surf. The surf is dangerous for all levels of swimmers. Even those using boogie boards are urged to use extreme caution.
A rip current is a 10 to 30 yard wide channel of water that can pull even a strong swimmer from near or inside The Sand Bar into deeper water. If caught in the seaward pull of a rip current do not attempt to move directly toward shore. Instead, move sideways across the rip current until the pull eases. If you insist on entering the water, only do so at guarded beaches.