One of the guys at Kiwanis is a low-grade conspiracy theorist… be seems very earnest about his beliefs regarding fluoride in the water and coca-cola being a state-run control drugs. I wanted to toy with him… ask him a few choice things, but that’s dangerous ground to tread. Best to smile and nod when the chief is just a few people over. Save the discussions of his urge to buy Catcher in the Rye for a safer time.
I really like the deep heartbeat sound of windshield wipers in a steady rain. The weather outside is so nice… I want to crawl back into bed and sleep to it.
Memes Ahoy! via many others
1. What is the geekiest part of your music collection?
Hmm.. Devo: EZ Listening Muzak is pretty geeky.
2. What do you eat when you raid the fridge late at night?
I usually raid the cupboard.. that’s where cereal is.
3. What is your secret guaranteed weeping movie?
Hmm… I don’t know if it’s a sure thing but Charlotte’s Web is a tear-jerker.
4. If you could have plastic surgery, what would you have done?
Hmm… Could I have someone *else* of my choice tattooed with a Mexican Wrestling mask, instead?
5. Do you have a completely irrational fear? Not currently…but I am extra nervous around ledges with poor support / short guardrails.
6. What is the little physical habit that gives away your insecure moment?
I have a high blush response, and I’ll drop my gaze… breaking eye contact.
7. Are you a pyromaniac?
No, but fire is hypnotic.
8. Do you have too many love interests?
9. Do you know anyone famous?
Marvin Hagler… my dad spared with him at the YMCA in Brockton, years ago. I would go with them to Mr. Doughnut in the mornings after the workout. I haven’t seen him for years, but I’m sure he’d know me well. Aside from knowing, I’ve recently met a lot of famous people…Senators and Political reps, mostly.
10. Describe your bed:
King Sized. Brown Coverlet, cream colored sheets and bedding, all earth tones, save for a white and blue blanket.
11. Spontaneous or planned?
Generally spontaneous. Planned if very important/detail oriented.
12. Who should play you in a movie about your life?
13. Do you know how to play poker?
Yup… I’m medium-skilled. I’d rather play Chez Geek, or Fluxx.
14. What do you carry with you at all times?
Palm pilot, Newt whisker, Maryland quarter, Bus pass, billfold, work cell phone
15. What do you miss most about being a kid?
“the pits” out back behind the old house, simpler times, good health in the family
16. Are you happy with your given name?
Sure.. it’s unique enough that it’s not “john” but not so out there that people need to know how to spell it all the time “Is there a PH in Farquar?”
17. How much money would it take to get you to give up the Internet for one year?
Depends on what I could do with it, and how much pre-planning I could do. I’d lose track of a lot of things, how I pay my bills, and my primary mode of entertainment.
18. What color is your bedroom?
white, green, brown, tans
19. What was the last song you were listening to?
War – Why Can’t We Be Friends? – still am.
20. Have you ever been in a play?
21. Have you ever been in love?
22. Do you talk a lot?
Depends on the company. I fill in as required. I hate to have to carry the whole conversation.
23. Do you like yourself and believe in yourself?
I like what I’ve seen so far, but can I really trust me? I know that I exist, at least in my own mind.
24. Do transient, homeless, or starving people sometimes annoy you?
Yes, but stray and broken people annoy me because we don’t have a good system in place to properly help and repair them. I don’t like the situation.. the people only annoy me when I’m being hustled.
26. Do you spend more time with your partner or your friends?
Lately, it’s been friends.
27. What is your ideal wedding location?
Next to my partner!
28. Which musical instrument do you wish you could play?
Multi-speed trepanation drill and hammer on my enemies.
29. Favorite fabric(s)?
Cotton, clean, simple.
30. Something you love and hate?
society, and to a lesser extent, primate politics as a whole.
31. What kind of bedding do you use?
sheets, blankets, pillows. Why? is someone going to answer straw and dried bat wings to this?
32. Do you tell your friends about your sex life?
Not as a rule. If someone has a question, I’ll answer it if I can without breaking a trust or causing some sort of ruckus.
33. What’s the one language you want to learn?
full fluency in Latin would be nice.
34. How do you eat an apple?
slices from a knife, if available. otherwise, I “corn on the cob” it.
35. What do you order at a bar?
Soft drink – diet Pepsi. Beer – Bass. Cocktail – Zombie, or some other Rum Punch.
36. Have you ever pierced your body parts?
I’ve broken the skin a lot…. no decorative ones, though.
37. Do you have tattoos?
none on my body
38. “Mystery Question!” What is the meaning of life?
You’re not cleared for that. The flip answer.
39. Can you drive a manual car?
Yup. Do I want to? Nope.
40. What’s one trait you hate in a person?
Willful Stupidity – “I don’t know, and I don’t wanna know”
41. What kind of watch do you have?
Palmtop & cellphone.. I don’t wear a watch.
42. Most frivolous purchase?
Regularly taking myself out to lunch, rather than preparing at home.
43. Do you consider yourself materialistic?
The theory that physical matter is the only or fundamental reality and that all being and processes and phenomena can be explained as manifestations or results of matter?
a preoccupation with or stress upon material rather than intellectual or spiritual things?
44. What do you cook the best?
Stir-Fry is simple, and fast. I make some mean french fries,too.
45. Favorite writing instrument?
Gel-pen, or anything with smooth action, no grit or slow downs.
46. Do you prefer to stand out or blend in?
I have little choice but to stand out, unless I’m at a giant techno-hippie convention. I prefer to be welcomed rather than feared.
47. Would you ever go out dressed like the opposite sex?
Would and have done so at a costume party. I was told that I have fabulous nail-beds.
48. What’s the one car you will never buy?
Anything that costs more to repair than it does to purchase.
49. What kind of movies do you watch?
Everything. I prefer Surreal, humorous and/or mind-expanding stuff. Or a good western.
50. If you won the lottery, what would you do?
retire, travel and teach myself as much as possible. Maybe start a foundation of some sort.
51. Burial or cremation?
Cremation, but I’d rather be mulched and used to feed nitrate-poor soil.
52. How many online journals do you read regularly?
a wide assortment.
53. What’s one thing you’re a sore loser at?
anything I’ve invested a lot of emotion into that is lost to me. I really don’t mind losing at checkers or whatever.
54. If you don’t like a person, how do you show it?
Situational ethics, but you can usually tell if I don’t like someone.
55. Do you cry in front of your friends?
Situational ethics. generally, I’m not afraid to show emotions to friends.
56. What kind of first impression do you think you give to people?
First sight – Cross the street. Lock your doors. He’s smiling, and in some cultures, that tooth-showing is aggression. Better to be safe than sorry. (A million Tokyo-dwellers run in fear.)
First Talk – Oh, he’s nice. Sounds a little like a kid. Gentle giant.
57. What’s one thing you like to do alone?
Meditate, dwell in silence on things.
58. Are you a giver or a taker?
A giver, but I like to get, as well.
59. When’s the last time you cried?
60. Favorite communication method?
Face to face. I hate the cell phone. E-mail is good for things I want documented.
61. How many drinks before you’re tipsy?
I can take a lot. It’s been a while since I’ve tested it, so I’m probably more of a lightweight these days. I’d guess fiveish.
62. Do you think you’re cute?
It’s in the eye of the beholder… I think I’m pretty passable, with nice eyes.
63. Do you have problems changing clothes in front of friends?
Not if they don’t.