Just sitting tight with my ol’ book by the phone, doing the ol’ on-call thing this weekend.
A few of the cases so far –
A child was hit by a car, unconscious, and I launched some notifications looking for his guardians in the area. I hope to hear good news on that follow-up.
A bad news kid from Apache, this was the last time he can take off… next time he’ll be considered habitual, and alerts won’t go out.
Autistic in Michigan… got to wake up the neighborhood at 2am to go look for him. I’m glad it was a Friday, rather than a work-week night. That’ll keep grumpies to a minimum.
MTV Video Music awards in Miami this weekend… I confess to a little curiosity, and some disappointment that I can’t go on photo safari… the upside is that I don’t have to worry about traffic, or bumping into Paris Hilton or Pauly Shore.
Compare google and yahoo search results side-by-side
Make your own Batphone (indirectly from Batfriend. cool opening.)
Sometimes I feel this way about the blogs that I read.
Just for the heck of it, the 50q survey (via enigma) I’d say 46 of the 50 questions are boring.
1. Your name spelled backward. raebottocS
2. Where were your parents born? Salem, MA and Bremen, Germany
3. What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer? A copy of Alan Moore’s 1963 series. (it really should be compiled into a trade paperback)
4. What’s your favorite restaurant? I rather like the Sushi joint on 17th.
5. Last time you swam in a pool? Laps – about 2 years ago. Immersed, about 8 months ago.
6. Have you ever been in a school play? Yup. I’ve had a few roles, but I prefer to do the behind the scenes stuff.
7. How many kids do you want? I like the idea of two kids, but I’m amenable to none, less, or more. It depends on the family I’m in.
8. Type of music you dislike most? Talk-songs (non-melodic rap, Bruce Springsteen, most any time there’s conversation in front of music.)
9. Are you registered to vote? You bet!
10. Do you have cable? Yes.
11. Have you ever ridden on a moped? Yes.
12. Ever prank call anybody? Yes.
13. Ever get a parking ticket? Parking, no. Speeding, yes.
14. Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving? only under protest.
15. Farthest place you ever traveled. Italy is the furthest East.
16. Do you have a garden? I have a window box!
17. What’s your favorite comic strip? Calvin & Hobbes
18. Do you really know all the words to your national anthem? No. (I know the first 8 lines, though.)
19. Bath or Shower, morning or night? Shower is for cleaning, bath is for relaxing. My cleaning habit is shower in the morning.
20. Best movie you’ve seen in the past month? I recently rewatched City of Lost Children.
21. Favorite pizza topping? Cheese, please!
22. Chips or popcorn? blah. BBQ baked lays Chips.
23. What color lipstick do you usually wear? none.
24. Have you ever smoked peanut shells? Nope.
25. Have you ever been in a beauty pageant? Nope.
26. Orange Juice or apple? Orange.
27. Who was the last person you went out to dinner with and where did you dine? Danny, Big Louies.
28. Favorite type chocolate bar? Milky Way Dark
29. When was the last time you voted at the polls? Absentee Ballot – 8/16/04 – by the way – how to vote absentee in Florida I’m for a paper trail.
30. Last time you ate a homegrown tomato? more than 5 years
31. Have you ever won a trophy? Yeah, a few. I think they gave one to every kid who played soccer. Got a World’s Greatest Tutor cup from a pal in middle school, and a lot of ribbons here and there.
32. Are you a good cook? I think so!
33. Do you know how to pump your own gas? Yes.
34. Ever order an article from an infomercial? No, but that pocket fisherman is tempting.
35. Sprite or 7-up? Both are good, but I prefer sprite.
36. Have you ever had to wear a uniform to work? First gig – Taco Bell.
37. Last thing you bought at a pharmacy? Chocolate Necco Wafers
38. Ever throw up in public? Yup, though not for ages. I think the IMT parking lot was the last time.
39. Would you prefer being a millionaire or find true love? Love conquers all.
40. Do you believe in love at first sight? Yes.
41. Ever call a 1-900 number? nope
42. Can ex’s be friends? It varies by why people break up.
43. Who was the last person you visited in a hospital? Bro/ ER
44. Did you have a lot of hair when you were a baby? Yup
45. What message is on your answering machine? Pretty standard fare… just name, number, I’ll call back.
46. What’s your all time favorite Saturday Night Live Character? Rozanne Rosanna Danna
47. What was the name of your first pet? Lilah (a Lasho-upso moppy dog.)
48. What is in your purse? Well, my pockets hold a palmtop, cell phone, money, ID, keys, and representations of those I care about. (A bag with a Newton whisker, Dad’s gold ring and a Maryland quarter)
49. Favorite thing to do before bedtime? relax