Via Paul Krugman – NYT
Little kids in turtlenecks can be sort of creepy. Especially in the summertime.
Whirlwind days lately.. lots of work to do, pressure high. I’m dealing with it pretty well, but LH nearly quit I think.
Skinbags – gear made out of synthetic human skin. (in all sorts of shades.. black, asian, pink white, mixed, and Tattoo personalization : name, sentence, logo)
Oh, I really rather think the aprons are something. Yeek!
Gene Simmons sings Firestarter.
Also Yeek. I wonder if he’s a real doofus, of if his public life is another Andrew Dice Clay act?
This whole touch screen thing makes Florida look like it *wants* to be guilty of more voter drama.
My sensitivities to my environment are out of whack a little bit, today. I feel numb to some things, and overly aware of others. Every hair on my right arm seems to be a high-powered sensor.
Recently played music –
- A Perfect Circle – The Package
- Electric Six – Danger! High Voltage
- The B-52s – 52 Girls
- Dave Matthews Band – I’ll Back You Up
- Vanessa Carlton – A Thousand Miles
- Yellowcard – Only One (Album Version)
- A.F.I. – Charles Atlas
- Simple Minds – Don’t You (Forget About Me)
- The Vines – Ride
- New Found Glory – That Thing You Do (From “That Thing You Do”)
- Stone Temple Pilots – Plush (Acoustic Version)
- They Might Be Giants – Whistling In The Dark
- Frank Sinatra – The Lady Is A Tramp
- Soul Coughing – Screenwriter’s Blues
- Led Zeppelin – The Ocean (Live At The LA Forum)
- Tom Waits – New Coat Of Paint
- The Pixies – I Bleed
- Shady Grove – Jerry Garcia
- Natacha Atlas – Aqib
- 13th Floor Elevators – Splash 1
- Jimi Hendrix – Voodoo Child
- Talking Heads – Mommy Daddy You And I
- Alanis Morissette – All I Really Want
I’ve been using launch radio, calendar, weather, news and games a lot lately on my Y!M. Tasty little app.
oOmiaq wrote me recently, and thanked me for listening to his music. My pleasure, oOm.
Dan bailed for tonight, but we’ll probably get together tomorrow. I don’t mind, save for the short notice. I don’t really want to go to the Seminole casino on a flippin’ Friday, so that’s going to have to wait. I’m not sure what I want to do for my solo Saturday walkabout, yet. That Moonlight movie is that night… that could be a fun time. Maybe I’ll hit Port Everglades during the day, and see if I can spot some free-swimming manatees or turtles. I found out after my recent trip to Miami that there’s a natural calving / nursery area there.
Maybe tonight I’ll hit the Museum ‘f Art. It’s free until the end of August, just up the street, open until 9pm on Thursdays, and air-conditioned.
Manatee Trivia: Continue reading 6797 Peaches in the Summer, Apples in the Fall