Benefit of having been to the grocery store… looking at a full pantry, and saying “it all looks so good… what’s for lunch?”
Here’s what I made… (and I have enough left over for supper, too…)
Ginger Orange Tofu
- Your favorite white rice recipe (plain), fully prepared.
- 1 cup orange juice
- Spinach, a small batch, rinsed and stems removed.
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- Fresh ginger, julienned to measure 1/8 cup
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger powder.
- 1 brick of tofu (non-silken), rinsed and cubed.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste.
In a non-stick fry-pan or wok, saute olive oil, tofu and garlic, keep stirring so as not to burn the garlic. As you are browning the tofu, add the fresh and powdered ginger, and the spinach. Depending on the portion, more olive oil may be necessary. Once lightly browned, pour in the orange juice, bringing down the heat, and reduce for five minutes. The idea is for the vegetables to absorb the juice flavor, so add more if necessary to retain a broth. Pour entire mixture over the bed of white rice. Enjoy!
Preparation time: ~30 minutes, maybe a little more, if you’re telling the cat to stay away from the burners.