Bro went to the doc like a good fellow, and is going to get some physical therapy this and next week as a result, plus ice treatments. I’m glad that the doc has high hopes for his mending. Odds are that some stretching and time will put him back in order, probably no operation will be needed.
New project today was a little pesky, the deployment is being delayed until I can grab a few .dll’s from the net to make it work on the machines without crystal reports… or a lazy workaround might be to just install crystal on all of the systems that use the program… I’ll search for a bit tonight, just to keep things neat and clean… some interesting online gigs coming my way via our parent company.
Not much time to write fiction lately…but I did start mumbling a little ditty about puppyfrog.… giving long distance kisses and fearing the garden statues. I really dig the concept… sweetalyssm‘s so cool!
Sent out may packages today… submitted an old manuscript and the treats…. I’m looking forward to seeing my other story end up in print!
1. Your LiveJournal “user name”: scottobear
Explain what it means: My friends call me Scotto, and I have many physical, mental, and social similarities to a bear.
2. The “name” that you chose to use (if not your USER name): Los Besos del Oso
Explain what it means: “The Bear’s Kisses”
3. Explain how you picked / why you selected the user picture(s) that you have? assorted. I once tried to have theme posts, but now, I have a few that go with moods, or a specific community, or Newton-based, or palm-synched posts. Also, I picked the Jupiter one because a friend noted that it looked like me, and I dug it. all about point of origin.
– The Stats –
4. date of survey (because things will change as soon as you finish it): 05/06/02
account type: permanent
If permanent, what did you do to get it – if free, why not a paid account? to support lj, and because I plan on getting 5 years worth!
friends of (#):141
friends (#): 47
communities (#): 8
memories (#): hard to say, because I use multiple keywords. well over 200
posts (#): 4145
– Your Journal –
5. Why do you have a Journal page? Do you have a Journal page for yourself, your friends, strangers to know you,
and/or everyone? primarily for me… but I like to show people what I’m looking at, or thinking about. If nobody else ever read my journal, It might have fewer remote links, but it’d still be written in as often.
6. Why did you pick LiveJournal (LJ) over another service or handwriting? I use blogger and a written dream journal too… LJ is superior, because it’s backed up regularly, links nicely with my homepage, and was the first that had the interesting reader/readee comment dynamic.
7. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the highest) how well does your LiveJournal represent who you actually are? 10… it’s all me.
8. How do you think your LJ represents you the most; factually (includes daily routine), emotionally,
intellectually, sexually, religiously, or artistically? depends on where my head is at, at the time. Factually (of which, emotionally and intellectually and artistically are a subset)
9. How much about your life do you post to LJ? All sorts… chores to be done, things at work, Newton and my sweetheart…always at least a whisper.
Is there anything you refuse to post about? No, but I might post it privately to myself, or friends-only, though.
10. On a scale of 1-10 how interesting do you think your own journal is to others? I think it depends on who the others are… and how much creativity I’m pumping. as a laundry list, not very. as for neato web-finds and some weirdness now and again, maybe a 7?
11. From who / how did you find out about LJ? Ana Voog, way back when.
12. Has anyone ever joined LJ because of you? Yup, I’d say… about 12. Sadly, most of them dropped it within a few months. I’ve given out about 5 code numbers.
13. How long have you been a member of LJ?
since 05-19-2000 19:47:56, to be precise. my first entry was three days later. 05-22-2000 15:52:00.
4. How often do you post to LJ?
I think I average about 4 entries a day, usually. When I had the client available to me at work, it was upwards to 8-10. I used to have people drop me because I’d just go on and on, before the days of lj-cut, too.
15. What proportion of your posts are friends only? Totally private?
I’d say one in fifty is friend’s only, and maybe one in thirty is totally private.
16. What is your FAVORITE interest on LJ?
cej or azru jehu
17. What is your favorite community on LJ? Why?
tricky… I suspect menstrualhut because I made it, and it seems to be really helping a lot of people, while informing me of all sorts of stuff.
18. Have you ever learned anything new on LJ?
certainly. many of the people and communities I read are very educational, see above, and my friend’s list in general.
19. Has anything on LJ ever caused you to establish, rethink, or even change your belief or position on something?
Several times. Usually rethink.
20. How often do you respond / comment on other peoples journals?
Whenever the urge takes me… and I have time available to do so. I seem to be in the one or three line reply busines lately.
21. Do you prefer to write in your Journal, read other Journals, respond to others entries, or get responses to your entries?
I really like writing in my journal… though all are fun, especially if a good dialogue or entertaining bit of info is shown.
22. What’s the longest you’ve gone without posting to LJ since the day you signed up?
I’ve posted at least once a day since august 21, 2000. longest gone was two ties at three days, 8/18-20/2000 and 6/22-24/2000
23. What’s the longest you’ve gone without reading LJ since you discovered it?
Three Days, maybe less… see above
24. What is your favorite post you’ve ever made to LJ?
Hard to say. One that makes me happiest? One that I think is pretty amusing, and sums up my lifestyle? Or just one that was fun to make? There’s a lot, depending on how you define favorite. Maybe the day the swat team came to my old apartment – the 4:30 and 4:40 entries.?
27. Have you ever specifically asked a question for people to reply to in your Journal (polls included)?
28. Have you ever tried to play the “trace yourself back through friends from a random LJ user” game?
yup… it’s a moot point, now that there’s degrees of separation tool to do it for you.
30. Have you ever lied/fibbed in your journal? Yes.
If so, why? I write fiction! (It’s noted as such, though, or obvious via context)
31. Have you ever had something mean said to you or been stalked, harassed, or got into an argument/flame war on LJ (or did it to someone else)?
Yup, yup, yup, yup. (nope)
32. Have you ever banned someone from your Journal?
Yup, for violating terms of service.
33. Has LiveJournal had any significant impact on your life?
Absolutely. LJ has contributed quite a bit by who it’s introduced me to.
– Friends –
34. Who are your favorite LJ friend(s) and why?
That’s not a fair question. I plead the fifth.
35. How many of your LJ friends are your friends in “real life” (you see them regularly)?
These days, two. (One I work with, and one I hang out with on occasion)
36. How many of your LJ friends have you actually met (but you don’t see them regularly)?
37. Have you ever e-mailed or I.M.’d someone you found on LJ?
yupperdoodle. some as a group!
38. Of all of the people on LJ you know of, who is the most like you?
39. Who is the most intelligent or insightful person you know on LJ?
eesh… depends on the time of day, and the tides or whatever. read my friend’s list.
40. Who is the most fun person you know on LJ?
41. Who is your least favorite / most annoying LJ user or community (WARNING: ANSWER AT YOUR OWN RISK)?
I don’t bother reading folks I don’t like!
42. How do you USUALLY find new friends on LJ;
Interests, Communities, Directory, cool name/username, reading someone else’s friends page, they find you, or random selection?
friends of friends, sometimes communities, sometimes searching on the geographic location.
43. Why are you MOST likely to add someone to your friends list;
Gender, User Picture, Specific Interest, Combination of Interests, Community, Geographic Location, Web Page,
Specific Entry in Journal, Overall Journal, they comment in your journal, or they add you first?
specific entry in journal, and overall journal.
44. Do you automatically add friends to your journal if they add you first? no
What is the most likely reason you WOULDN’T add someone to your friends list? read too many already, and a lack of common interests
45. Do you care if someone adds you to his or her friends list if you add him or her first? No
Would you remove them from yours if they didn’t? no. I read who I want to read.
46. Are there any people’s Journals (users / friends), communities, interests, or searches you frequent on LiveJournal that you DON’T or will not list in your user info page? just friends of friends
Why don’t you list or link to them? N/A
– More than Friends on LJ –
47. Is your “Significant Other” on LJ? I plead the fifth.
(If not, do they know you post on LJ?) see above
48. OTHER than your S.O., who are you the most attracted to on LJ (those who think this question means an instant argument with your S.O. may pass on this question, if you don’t have a S.O. just answer it)?
conflicts with my earlier testimony
49. Who is the sexiest person you know on LJ?
she knows who she is. 🙂
50. Have you ever fantasized about someone on LJ?
51. Would you want to know if someone fantasized about you on LJ?
I’d be interested in knowing that, sure.
52. Would you date someone you met on LJ?
If I wasn’t already in a relationship, sure.
53. Have you ever wanted to meet someone on LJ?
54. Have you ever actually met someone from LJ romantically (or otherwise) and hit it off (or not)?
Yup, and I think we got along well.
55. Have you ever posted a naughty picture / post / story on LJ?
Not of myself. links, sure.
– Technical LiveJournal –
56. Do you prefer to post from a Client or the Web Interface? Which do you usually use?
57. Do you use HTML to add extras to your entries?
If no, do you know what HTML is?
Yup! links and pictures, usually.
58. Is your LJ page customized (at all – even from template), template, or default?
59. Do you usually use the WinAmp music detector, add you music manually, or none at all?
all of the above
60. How well do you know the LJ features and how to use it (e.g. do you know you could edit or delete old entries, get live updates of your friends page, etc.)?
I think I have a good grasp of available features.
61. What is your favorite LJ feature?
62. What is your least favorite LJ feature (one that you would change or delete if you could)?
more userpics allowed, simpler way to define moods
63. What feature would you most like to see added to LJ?
a keyword search engine on the journal. a simple cross-referencing system
64. What moods would you most like to see added to LJ?
65. “One day the directory will work again.” How long until YOU believe until that day will come?
It does now! must be an old question.
66. On a scale of 1-100, rate the LJ for convenience, usefulness, and coolness factor:
convenience – 100%
usefulness – 100%
coolness factor – 100%
– Miscellaneous –
67. How many other surveys have you done on LJ?
68. How does this survey compare to those?
longish, and too many questions phrased as “smartest” or “most fun”… needs to be rewritten in e-prime,
69. Do you think this last question was added solely to get to this number or not?
very likely so.