The camera I want is on back stock, so I’ll have to wait and not get it today. Today will be spent finishing Big Brain… He’s got a few issues to resolve, and hopefully it’ll be polished off with a minimum of fuss.
He’s currently wearing Windows 2000…no XP or Me(h) until they’re more stable or I need one for a program I can’t run any other way.
Hardware / Tech things to do in the future, as time and mood permits, in semi-order.
- Install sound card on little brother’s machine. (Fairly independant from the others)
- Make the 2nd monitor fire up properly. So far, it’s not being recognised properly. Error 10.
- Configure DSL and dial-up internet connection
- Set up networking between Lappie and Big Brain (or Worker1 and Queen Bee on the “Hive” as it were)
- Backup Lappy projects to CDs via the network
- Backup D: drive to CDs.
- Reformat D: as NTFS instead of Win32
- Restore data to D:
- Make big brain dual boot Win 2k and *nix.
- Make *dang sure* that Big Brain is running like a top (a good week or two), and then reformat Lappie and restore backups on it.