Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you. -Carl Sandburg
furphy (FUR-fee) noun
After the Furphy family of Victoria, Australia, manufacturer of Furphy carts, for water or trash. These carts where used during World War I, around which troops gathered and exchanged gossip. This word was formed in much the same way as scuttlebutt, the word we got from nautical terminology. A scuttlebutt was an open cask of drinking water, a favorite meeting place of the crew to swap stories.
- April 21, 2006 8313 – Friday. Finally. Wow, do I hate to iron, especially first thing in the morning. Makes me a big ol' grumpy […]
- April 8, 2009 9673 - Tuesday: I forgot to show the latest update to Larry’s homemade guitar. […]
- August 30, 2000 too the friends I just trimmed off… I had to do it. not meant to offend, just getting too many folks to read. I still like […]
- December 26, 2000 Listening to a Bob Dylan song called 'Desolation Row'.
At midnight all the agents
- November 15, 2019 If you ever, ever, ever meet a grizzly bear, You must never, never, never, Ask him where he is going, Or what he is doing, For if you ever, ever, ever, dare, To stop a grizzly bear, You will never, never, never, Meet another grizzly bear. via Instagram http://bit.ly/350vTOO