autochthonous aw-TOCK-thuh-nuhs, adjective:
1. Aboriginal; indigenous; native.
2. Formed or originating in the place where found.
Autochthonous derives from Greek autochthon, “of or from the earth or land itself,” from auto-, “self” + chthon, “earth.” One that is autochthonous is an autochthon (pronounced aw-TOCK-thuhn).
- May 22, 2017 Good grief. My online journal is 19 years old (started mid May 1998).
- March 7, 2007 8765 Went to Neptune's Seafood Pub rather than to Mexico Restaurant for Cathy's Birthday. […]
- April 30, 2016 IMDb: Rhoda Rhoda
- April 30, 2001 from the straight dope archive – bug poots. Do insects pass flatulence? It's a rather twisted question, but the thought has often […]
- April 2, 2018 April 02, 2018 at 06:19PM Finishing laundry. #hulk #volcano via Instagram http://bit.ly/2GwQZIK