Procrustean (pro-KRUS-tee-uhn) adjective
Producing conformity using harsh means.
After Procrustes, a giant in Greek mythology, who stretched or cut his victims to make them fit his bed.
- February 24, 2000 I want this on a T-shirt. Feb 24, 2000
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wagn'nagl fhtagn" don't […]
- July 7, 2009 9790 – this just in – 9790 - this just in - Apparently the IME (independent medical exam) claims that […]
- August 15, 2013 Hot out, innit? Hot out, innit?
- June 30, 2001 .Rookie Bodine, you’re mah hero. This here is a song of protest.
It's dedicated to my late friend, Croco.
It goes […]
- December 13, 2003 6354 – link-fest, grinding trees, quiet time They mulched a tree out back earlier, and 'twas loud as all get out. Newt was not happy […]