empyrean em-pie-REE-un; -PEER-ee-, noun:
1. The highest heaven, in ancient belief usually thought to be a realm of pure fire or light.
2. Heaven; paradise.
3. The heavens; the sky.
Of or pertaining to the empyrean of ancient belief.
Empyrean comes from Medieval Latin empyreum, ultimately from Greek empurios, from en-, “in” + pyr, “fire.”
- June 22, 2018 Check In: Call/Response (2018) Check In: Call/Response (2018)
- November 26, 2001 ‘…let Gimli son of Gloin warn you against foolish words, You speak evil of that which is fair beyond the reach of your thought, and only little wit can excuse you.’ Gimli Gloin's sonIf I were a character in The Lord of the Rings, I would be Gimli, […]
- November 13, 2008 Voice Post Voice Post
- April 26, 2009 9687 – mon 9687 - mon.
ATW man on riding lawnmower, and local flowers. back to the doc - late […]
- September 22, 2004 6896 – Sweetheart only post Ebrio de trementina
Ebrio de trementina y largos besos,
estival, el velero de las rosas […]