empyrean em-pie-REE-un; -PEER-ee-, noun:
1. The highest heaven, in ancient belief usually thought to be a realm of pure fire or light.
2. Heaven; paradise.
3. The heavens; the sky.
Of or pertaining to the empyrean of ancient belief.
Empyrean comes from Medieval Latin empyreum, ultimately from Greek empurios, from en-, “in” + pyr, “fire.”
- January 13, 2007 8708 – Voice Post -dream ramble
- April 23, 2001 16 minutes into rear window.
Makes me think of Ornj, the sultry way grace […]
- June 23, 2001 I don't know why it is, but I've been not really in a commenting mood lately. For the […]
- December 22, 2017 December 22, 2017 at 08:45PM Tannenbaum phase 3 via Instagram http://bit.ly/2kZxA9W
- January 30, 2004 6435 Key west, Antarctica dollars, new matter, noting some filter styles for the heck of it. I'm pooped. I'll sleep quite well this evening, methinks. Lovely long dreams of being […]