unguent (UNG-gwuhnt), noun:
A salve for sores, burns, or the like; an ointment.
Unguent comes from Latin unguentum, from unguere, “to anoint.”
- October 31, 2008 9491 – Happy Halloween! Happy Halloween, Dear Journal! .Current mood - Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos […]
- June 14, 2005 7449 – IMHO doesn’t always work. EFF's Legal Guide for Bloggers The Overview of Legal Liability Issues FAQ briefly […]
- May 26, 2020 Swamp walk today, saw a a ton of squirrels, including an albino. I think we have more than one, because this guy has a long tail and the other we saw last week had a shortened one. Also seen, were a male and female cardinal,a bluejay, an osprey, a clutch of turkey vultures, a few robins, and neighborhood cats tuxedo Panda and tabby Sid. Tabby Peach was lost yesterday, but was found at Panda’s house a few hours later, thankfully. Our poor neighbor was understandably worried about her, given local fox activity lately. I am glad that our boy Pyewacket is strictly indoor, and prefers that for the most part. I didn’t see the foxes or eagles today. The swamp is getting much more lush and green, harder to look as deep into the woods than last week. We are approaching peak “green glow” and I am ok with that. Still cool outside, upper 60s. I will miss the cool days when they go. Walk was taken nice and early, so there were no other pedestrians in sight but a couple of cars passed a fair distance away. #whitesquirrel #albinosquirrel #walkies View on Instagram https://instagr.am/p/CAp9xu4A86S/
- May 21, 2021 From Eve’s Daughters, illustrated by Arthur Learned, 1905 #vintageillustration #devil #maiden #voyeur #forest View on Instagram https://instagr.am/p/CPJf0pTAetA/
- October 25, 2013 Coffee (at Cups)