This is the city: a soot-covered graveyard of a million vanished dreams, with fifty-story headstones rising from the dirt to cast gray shadows on the spirits of the damned; a rat-infested sewer where the law of survival was to kill them before they can kill you, and don’t look too close to what’s on your plate because you may not like it; a gaudy, unwashed, flabby old hooker with a thousands faces, none of them presentable; a prison whose dingy corridors I’ve walked for seventeen long years, trying to sweep just a little of the scum and garbage off the streets… my name’s Kowalski, and I carry a broom.
- August 31, 2009 9858 – Monday in brief Went to Verizon to get new phones, but that just didn't happen. Too much "used car […]
- June 8, 2009 9755 – monday – ---note to self - story for BHK's birthday (also, get petting zoo)WEREWOLF - COLLOIDAL […]
- November 7, 2008 Writer’s Block: Reading Aloud Well - keeping it to the mortal realm ("God reading the bible" would surely […]
- March 25, 2008 9209 – tuesday Gentle day yesterday, for the most part. We had a little trouble at the ol' Subway […]
- June 29, 2006 8429 – Thursday again, yes it is. Got some writing accomplished last night. Basic outline, some bits of dialogue. It's not […]