Time to just stop for a moment. Turn off the TV, turn off the radio, fold up the newspaper.
Today is the first truly splendid weather of the new season. I mean, it is fantastic. Standing in front of an open window with no shirt on kind of weather. Big deep breaths of cool air, close your eyes and sigh kind of weather. Summer is over. I hope wherever you are, you manage to get some of this breeze.
Phoons put a smile on my face this morning. Just a bunch of people posing for pictures as though caught in mid-sprint. This Father Serra one is a favorite.
If I was still active in any Champions or superheroic games, I’d have to make a character called the Phoon. it’s just a good word.
(that and now I want to drink mum tea, with my sweetie, phooning.)
I finished Stephen King’s On Writing. I need some time to think about what I’m going to say about it, and when I get there I suspect I’m going to have a lot to say. I’m sure will be interested, but who knows who else will be.
- January 31, 2010 Sunday – 10,087 Snow Day! Staying in, avoiding the slippy-slidey foolishness outside if we can help it. […]
- April 14, 2009 9681 – Tuesday Rainy day this morning - took the raincoat rather than the overcoat. Slipped a bit in […]
- September 2, 2008 9418 – Tuesday So... a nice little reprieve from Gustav for New Orleans. I hope everyone (Louisiana, […]
- December 12, 2007 9093 – Wednesday Downright warm today at 61F. I really didn't even need to wear a jacket today. I like […]
- August 20, 2007 8961 – Mon H.P. Lovecraft's Birthday again, is it? 117, at this point.Have a fistful o' links […]