mighty useful sight of the day –
Especially if you love words, and the English language.
- March 11, 2001 from the word detective, (because I fear I’ll see it soon) "Akimbo" is one of the strangest words in the English language, and seems almost to have […]
- October 18, 2001 Ugh. Is it rude to mark a person's resume, correcting the spelling, formatting, and […]
- June 20, 2001 word of the day! ogee (oh-JEE, OH-jee) noun
1. A curve resembling the shape of an elongated S.
- June 1, 2001 word of the day anchorite (ANG-kuh-ryt) noun, also anchoret
One who lives in seclusion; a […]
- May 30, 2001 word o’ de day. Always sounded Hawaiian to me. hoi polloi hoi-puh-LOI, noun:
The common people generally; the masses.
Hoi polloi […]